Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tiny Pieces by Peni Baker






This is a post about tiny little parts of some of my large paintings.
The first one is a motorcycle from a painting I did called "Blue Shanty" This painting was done from a photo I took in the Dominican Republic while visiting my son. This part of the painting was the most detail and took me the longest time to paint and I believe is probably the most rewarding part of the painting. However, that would be hard to prove. If you look at the entire painting I'm sure you will see what I mean.

The second picture is from my painting "Bougainvillea" Just a tiny little area down by my signature, obviously, but probably my favorite part of the painting.

Third is the face of Ramon. Again, from the "Blue Shanty"

Fourth is a piece of my "Periwinkles" The bloom of the Vinca plant which grows ingeniously here in central and south Florida.

And last but not least is the kitty cat in "Elephant Ears and Kitty".

I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do.

Thank you.

To see the larger paintings, check out my entire blog at www.artbypenibaker.blogspot.com

For purchasing information about any of my paintings or for questions or comments please contact me at penelopepab@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment